Five days, four nights, warm days and cool nights – the activities were endless. From sun up to sun down, each moment was filled with unlimited fun!
My family trip to San Francisco continues to bring a smile to my face. These were our most memorable moments:
- Watching the Blue Angels perform aerobatics. That was an experience! We enjoyed the precise formation and the ribbons that the planes created in honor of breast cancer awareness. We saw the performance on two different days and both were treats.
- The walk through Muir Woods National Monument was breath taking! The height of the Redwood trees is a must-see and I’m pretty sure my jaw remained slightly ajar the entire walk. Enlarge the two photos below of the trees that I captured.
- Wine tasting at the castle Castello di Amarosa. The castle provides an ideal environment for families, from the animals to a room for children to color and enjoy grape juice and chocolate.
- Grape stomping at Sterling Vineyards was a little cold, mushy, and brought on lots of laughs. Afterwards we left our grape stained foot print on a t-shirt.
- Touring Alcatraz was educational and very well organized. Upon entering, we received a headset attached to an audio recorder which provided direction for where to walk and what happened in various areas of the prison. The recorder had a play back feature that allows individuals to tour at their own pace.
- There was so much to do at Pier 39. Eating fresh seafood, crepes, Trish’s mini cinnamon sugar donuts; riding the 2-story carousel, shopping; and watching the sea lions. I wished there was more time!
- Walking the Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman’s Wharf; driving down Lombard Street and seeing the painted ladies; taking in a street show and visiting the Walt Disney Family Museum are other activities we had the opportunity to enjoy.
The pictures below capture much of the fun we will always remember and you can see me grape stomp on my instagram page.